Our last Ofsted Inspection was in May 2009 and since then we have constantly improved in all areas of school life.
Below are some comments taken from the last Ofsted report.
- The Catholic ethos shines through everything the school does, placing equality of opportunity at its heart.
- Students’ achievements are outstanding as is their personal development and well-being.
- Behaviour, which is excellent, has improved very significantly in the last three years.
- Good quality teaching, combined with students’ excellent attitudes to learning, leads to outstanding progress.
- In the best lessons, work is fast paced and challenging and activities are varied and interesting, so students really enjoy learning and work very hard.
- Teachers check students’ learning carefully, explanations are crystal clear and work is made relevant to examination requirements.
- The school has been very successful in developing and extending the curriculum, which is now outstanding.
- An excellent range of residential experiences, visits and extra-curricular activities is offered at the school and well attended by all learners.
- It is an extremely diverse and harmonious community where all faiths contribute to its spiritual, moral and cultural life.
- Care, guidance and support are outstanding.
- Tutors know the students very well and build very good relationships with them.
- Support for those whose first language is not English is very good.
- Students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities receive excellent support in lessons.
- Its remarkable track record of improvement demonstrates its outstanding capacity to improve even further.